Monday, April 25, 2016

Heart

dear brain,
I understand you are the one that keeps reminding me to keep beating but please can you slow it down a little. I mean I have been doing what you say because we have been working together for the past almost 18 years to keep her alive. And we have been doing a good job. But you get to sleep at night. I have never understood what that feels like. Nobody knows what I or any other heart really feels like. But they try, I guess.

'Let your heart guide you, it whispers so listen carefully.'

I don't whisper. I am yelling but no one can hear me compared to the thoughts you put in there head.

'If the heart is the strongest muscle than why does it break so easily?'

Hey I try as hard as I can. And when I crack, I fix it before it breaks, I think we should change that to 'can break easily'

'The worst prison would be a closed heart'

But that's ok because you have the key,

I don't feel I am feelings.
-heart

P.s thanks for not giving thoughts of smoking because that's helped me a ton
P.p.s I know this letter makes no sense. I'm kind of just like that. You don't and won't ever really know what I'm saying or feeling. Unless you just try to feel it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment